0 Grams Saturated Fat per Serving
* ½ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
* ¼ cup slivered almonds
* 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* Juice from one whole lemon
* 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1 ½ pounds halibut fillets (or any other firm white fish such as snapper or flounder)
* Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a food processor, process the cilantro, almonds, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, measured salt and extra virgin olive oil for 15 to 20 seconds, or until well blended.
3. Brush the extra virgin olive oil on both sides of the halibut and season lightly with salt. Place the cod on a lightly oiled baking dish and spread the pesto over the fillets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Serve at once.
This quick-fix dish provides a burst of both flavor and nutrients including omega-3 essential fats, antioxidant vitamin E, heart-healthy magnesium and phytonutrients (plant substances that help support a healthy immune system.) Serve with sides of baked sweet potatoes and green beans.
Recipe by Ivy Larson
Rena Greenberg has had the privilege over the last 25+ years to work with over 100,000 people in 75 medical centers to help them lose weight without surgery.