Do you ever wonder why when you go grocery shopping, you often spend more than you expected to? You give yourself a budget, and invariably, you go over.
Yes, inflation is high right now. But you may be surprised to discover that the cost of food and goods going up is not the only reason you spend more than you intended when you go shopping. There is a much bigger and sneakier reason why you may find yourself running up your credit card bills.
Hypnosis at the Grocery Store?
The Grocery Store industry is a multi-billion dollar business. Food Industry executives understand the power of subconscious influence—whether they call it hypnosis or not.
Be aware—they are not using hypnosis in a way that serves you—but the Food Industry is making sure that shopping is a hypnotic experience for you.
Millions of dollars are spent each year, researching human behavior. The Grocery Store industry has figured out how to get you to spend more money each time you run into the grocery store to “pick up a few things.”
Did you ever notice any of these little hypnotic influencers?
- Grocery store carts have become bigger and bigger, over time, so you never quite feel like your cart is full. Did you ever notice that?
- The flat shelves that used to be at the check-out have mostly been removed making it much more difficult to remove something from your cart at the last minute.
- Bright colored items and enticing smells are placed in the front of the store, to make you “feel good.”
- “Happy” music is played in most stores, along with bright, yet soothing, lights, to make you feel happier, enticing you to shop more.
- The most common items people buy are milk and bread. That’s why they are placed at the back of the store. This way you have to pass all the multi-colored tempting canned and boxed food items to get to them.
- The candy at the checkout counter and the boxes of sugary cereals that have toys in them are placed at kid’s eye level.
- The “Sale” at the aisle ends are typically paid advertisements and not really such great values.
- Prices are often doubled on goods and then offered as a “Buy One. Get One Free,” “deal.”
Why am I bringing this to your attention? Because if you think you can’t be “hypnotized,” it’s important to realize that hypnosis is an every day experience.
The issue really is, have you mastered self-hypnosis? Are you able to program your own mind to do what you consciously want to do?
That’s easy to answer. Do you have the results in your life that you are longing for?
Are you happy? Peaceful? Feeling completely nurtured in your relationships? Is your life’s work fulfilling to you? Are you healthy? Are you at your ideal weight? Are you doing the things you say you want to do? Are you financially free?
If you can’t answer “yes,” to these questions, be gentle with yourself . . .it’s a process. I’d be happy to help you to use hypnosis to your own benefit, so that you aren’t at the effect of others, but rather being true to yourself, living the life of your dreams.
To Your Health & Happiness,