How Behavior Modification Can Prove to Be Helpful for Weight Loss
Behavior modification is a set of techniques that aim to increase or decrease the likelihood of a particular response. If this is too technical for you to understand, remember a time in your childhood when your mother punished you. While you may have disliked her for that, you now realize that her intentions were not all that bad (she just wanted you to behave nicely).
The techniques of behavior modification have passed the test of time and have remained with us for years. Developed from the ideas of a psychologist, B.F. Skinner, behavior modification strategies have been implemented as part of many treatment procedures.
When it comes to weight loss, we all know that what’s required is more than just reducing the calories you take in. It’s also about adopting a healthy lifestyle, exercising self-control, regulating self-esteem, keeping a positive and motivated outlook and so on.
Here are some behavior modification ideas forweightloss:
- Make sure you do not eat while watching television. This will mean that you can’t keep track of how much you are eating and you will eventually end up eating more.
- Do not keep foods that tempt you in the house.
- Keep healthy foods in your house at all times.
- Have healthy meals in your office instead of snacks.
- Make sure you go for a walk during break hours.
- Keep chewing gum or healthy snacks instead of candy so that you don’t have the urge to go looking for something to eat.
- Do not skip meals as it won’t help your metabolism.
At Social Gatherings
- Make sure that you have eaten something before arriving so that you are not very hungry.
- Eat in small portions and take more of the low-calorie food items.
- Keep alcoholic beverages to a minimum and drink more water.
- Make sure that you do not skip meals before going to the event.
- Politely say no to second offerings.
- Make sure you wait for at least 20 minutes before eating the desired food.
- Drink a glass of water before you eat.
- Avoidhighcalorie food items such as butter, mayonnaise etc.
- Exercise regularly.
- Set realistic goals for losing weight.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle and keep yourself informed with tables and charts.
Rena Greenberg is a renowned weight loss hypnotherapist with incredible expertise in behavior modification techniques. Over the years, her hypnosis sessions have proven to be quite effective. Visit the Easy Willpower website to browse through her Wellness products.